Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Watercolor Wonders

During the past few months, I've been rummaging around instagram for some watercolor inspiration. Somehow no matter how hard I try, I couldn't figure out how to paint with the "watercolor" effect... Sadly until now, I can't say my watercolor skills have improved in any way... HAHAHA. On the contrary, I found some rather pretty instagram profiles which showcase their "to die for" illlustrations.

Here are some of my favourites:

1) Monica Ramos

My watercolor dreams started when I came across her website. Her work makes painting look so easy and carefree. There's always some sort of playful feeling that comes along when looking through her work that I think is caused by the effervescent nature of her drawings. Her illustrations are flamboyant, refreshing, and dreamy watercolor pieces that make me wish I could have her ultra cool painting skills. After looking through all pages of her tumblr (literally) my self esteem lowered from zero to negative one hundred.

Check out her work to get your self esteem crushed as well:







2) Annie Seo

Stalking her Instagram made the child inside of me jump out of my TV trance and start doodling. My "bored to death in school" doodles were inspired by her airy, (Asian?) cartoon-ish illustrations. Now only if my fine-lined pen could do the same thing...


oops, she can paint too
sigh.... maybe i'm better off at admiring


3) Anna Rifle Bond

Oh My Gee. This girl's works are like a gift from the heavens! Her handpainted illustrations are perfection! Her painting style and medium makes her work seem so surreal and vibrant and ..sigh.. perfect! She uses a opaque kind of watercolor (gauge) so the colours in every work looks solid and defined. In other words, perfect.





brb dead.

No comments:

Post a Comment